Mallory and Alexis discuss the possibilities of the Wild Wizard West, among the rest of North American magical history.
- News: J.K. Rowling on Cursed Child as canon, Pottermore job opening, 3 new Harry Potter ebooks, Fantastic Beasts updates, NBC Universal acquired the rights to Fantastic Beasts and Harry Potter
- Roanoke: the Wizard Colony
- communication between North America and Africa pre-colonialization: wandless magic combinations merge two styles of divination?
- Native American magic, a bit of the controversy, how words work in the Harry Potter magic system
- wizard farmers and Puritans, magical southern plantation owners? and Mallory’s head canon on the Hogwarts grocer
- wizarding cowboys in the wild wizard west will be the protagonists of the inevitable spin-off series
- Which Founding Fathers were wizards?? Maren puts forth two potential candidates.
- Rappaport’s Law: Dorcus Twelvetrees, the repercussions on squibs and no-maj-borns
- Wizarding World intolerant to Fantastic Beasts: the Ghostbusters are real and Newt’s a Dorcus
- Will Seraphina Piquery have a SOUTHERN ACCENT?!
- Wandmakers of America are beyond cool and we theorize about another possible Parselmouth
Part 2 of Mallory and Alexis' discussion of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, covering new and minor characters and parts of the plot that stood out to us, for better or for worse.
- Draco calling out the trio
- brave Scorpius and Albus: Very Much the Son of Harry Potter
- the Delphi dilemma: difference between first encountering her on stage vs. in script, her purpose: more than a convenient intro to a past villain?
- Delphi theory: related to Isolt Sayre? Veela?
- Dumbledore’s redemption
- Cedric. Diggory. and the mislaid theme of Spares, his purpose in the novels vs the play
- Snape: inauthentic fan service redemption?
- the difference between Amos on stage and on page
- the unjust use of Craig*
- Slytherin house redemption, mixed house attributes
- *and Panju, casualty of plot necessities (save Panju)
- the fallacy of Delphi's prophecy
- lil plot things: old folk’s home, trolly witch, Voldemort day, thank Dumbledore
- introducing a new show segment of just Scorpius quotes, because why not
Chat with us @NewtCasts!
Mallory and Alexis discuss the themes and relationships of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and how the plays handled our golden trio. It's all spoilers!
Next week will cover Albus and Scorpius and the rest of the cast (plus those who went missing!) in our next episode, along with parts of the story that present some challenges for fans of the original series.
Mallory and Alexis introduce themselves and discuss the Harry Potter fandom—past, present, and future. Spoiler free episode!
Discuss things with us on Twitter @NewtCasts!